Desert to Delta P.S.
Start date: 25-04-2019
End date: 06-05-2019
3 nights Nxai Pan
3 nights Makgadikgadi Pans
3 nights Deception Valley
3 nights Khwai River
Accommodation tented – luxury with en-suite or standard
From USD 4,400 per person
Minimum 4 Pax for the safari to run
Maximum 6 Pax
SAFARI GUIDE: TJ
This safari sets out to explore the dry semi arid zones of northern Botswana in Nxai Pan National Park and the Central Kalahari Game Reserve followed by 3 nights in the World Heritage listed Okavango Delta.
Nxai Pan has much to offer in the way of timeless space with regular sightings of Lion, Cheetah, Leopard and Elephant. Most of the action takes place at the water holes with herds of Wildebeest, Zebra, Springbok and Giraffe coming in to drink. Bird life abounds and sightings of Pale Chanting Goshawk, all four vulture species – White- headed, White-backed, Hooded and Lappet-faced, and many raptor species are possible.
The Central Kalahari Game Reserve is remote and offers the traveller big space and open skies. It is a great destination to explore for Kalahari Black maned Lions as well as frequent sightings of Cheetah. Here one can also large herds of Springbok and Oryx as well as interesting observations of Meerkats, Honey Badgers and Ground Squirrels.
After a night in Maun, the safari travels on to Khwai for the first three nights. We will have a picnic lunch along the way to drive in to camp at sunset. This part of the Okavango is rich in wildlife and especially noted for aquatic birdlife, predators – Leopard and Lion as regular sightings of African Wild Dog. Plains game is prolific with herds of Red Lechwe, Giraffe, Zebra and Wildebeest. Large herds of African Buffalo are sometime spotted and can number in their thousands.
Each specialist photographic safari is conducted around light and behaviour and includes wildlife photography tuition and post editing by our photographer Guide.
- Luxury and comfortable tented accommodation, including beds, bed linen and towels, with a private bathroom en-suite.
- Services of a professional guide, safari chef and camp assistants.
- Game drives and local transfers in customised safari vehicles (Toyota Land Cruiser 4×4).
- All entrance and camping fees within the national parks and reserves.
- Exclusive camping in private campsites within the national parks and reserves.
- All meals and drinks (Water, soft drinks, beer, wine…) for the duration of the safari.
- All activities as specified in the itinerary.
- International flights.
- Personal assistance and cancellation insurance.
- Staff gratuities.
- Safari extensions.
Get in touch to find out more!
© copyright images Gaby Guiard / Gabatsholwe Disho