Extension Northern Hightlights
Start date: 03-07-2019
End date: 15-07-2019
3 nights Moremi Game Reserve – Okavango Delta
3 nights Khwai River – Okavango Delta
3 nights Savute Marsh – Chobe National Park
3 nights Chobe River – Chobe National Park
Accommodation tented – luxury with en-suite or standard
From USD 4,800 per person
Minimum Pax 4 for the safari to run
SAFARI GUIDE: Disho
2 night Victoria Falls – Zimbabwe or Livingstone, Zambia available on request
Botswana is one Southern Africa’s most acclaimed destination for wildlife photography. With plenty of land protected through a system of National Parks, Game Reserves and private concessions, it is a dream destination on all sorts of species, eco systems and diversity.
The safari starts in Maun and finishes in the Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. 3 distinct areas are visited, each with many a highlight. 3 nights will be used to explore the region before heading for the Okavango’s Khwai River. This part is rich in wildlife and especially noted for swimming bull Elephants and regular sightings of African Wild Dog. It also good for Leopard and Lion as well as raptors.
Our departure from Khwai River will then take us through the Mababe depression and up to Savute with a picnic lunch along the way. The marsh is full of birdlife and is famous for Lions that hunt Elephants. Savute will keep photographers busy with its beautiful clear backdrops, hills and channel.
Our last destination in Botswana is Chobe River which is literally packed with wildlife. Here we will explore the river front by both vehicle and boat and as it boasts the highest concentration of Elephants left on Earth, the highlights definitely include swimming and bathing Elephants, as well as large herds of Buffalo, Giraffe and Kudu as well Sable, Roan and Puku.
Victoria Falls is wonderful to photograph on foot and by air. Helicopter or microlight flights available for booking at the Falls itself.
Each specialist photographic safari is conducted around light and behaviour and includes wildlife photography tuition and post editing by our photographer Guide.
- Luxury and comfortable tented accommodation, including beds, bed linen and towels, with a private bathroom en-suite.
- Services of a professional guide, safari chef and camp assistants.
- Game drives and local transfers in customised safari vehicles (Toyota Land Cruiser 4×4).
- All entrance and camping fees within the national parks and reserves.
- Exclusive camping in private campsites within the national parks and reserves.
- All meals and drinks (Water, soft drinks, beer, wine…) for the duration of the safari.
- All activities as specified in the itinerary.
- International flights.
- Personal assistance and cancellation insurance.
- Staff gratuities.
- Safari extensions.
Get in touch to find out more!
Book now – 6 available seats
© copyright images Gaby Guiard / Gabatsholwe Disho